Monday, June 15, 2015

RSS flood warning

I have had a reoccurring thought this week.  Three letters  "TMI", which usually is exclaimed when you don't want to hear something.  In my case it's a bit different– I do want to hear more. Too Much Information is simply a realization that clearly we have way more information than we can humanly process and put to good use.  There is something to be said for having access to variety, but until I can get a handle on filtering some of it out, it may continue to be what feels like a mind flood.

Anyone else feeling this way?

2 comments:

  1. Jodi, I had a few TMI moments this weekend when family members were sharing their, um, bathroom habits with me. It was more than I could handle. As for technology, although there's so much of it to learn, I feel like a sponge and want to soak in all I can to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how little I knew about Instructional Applications of the Internet! When I was teaching I was one of the youngest teachers at the school and I considered myself pretty tech savvy. After one week of this course, I am feeling the information overload and realizing that I have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete