Saturday, June 13, 2015

Feeling better about RSS

Now that I have set up Vienna and Feedly for my desktop RSS use,  I am feeling good about the power of RSS. Getting everything in one place and being able to filter out what you do not want has tremendous value for personal learning and classroom use.

I saw a few questions that I can possibly answer since I ran into the same questions myself.

  • If your blog feed text looks HUGE, it may be because you did not title your blog post.  
  • Once you establish one RSS folder in your reader, you can export the list as an .opml file which is similar to a .csv file for email. Then you can easily import the .opml file to another reader to compare how they handle the feed.
Next, I am going to try feedly again on my iphone.  

Does anyone know how to get the .opml file onto your iphone?  I emailed it, but cannot hold it somewhere accessible by feedly.  I suppose I need to sync with my mac to do that.  

1 comment:

  1. Ultimately the iphone feedly updated itself to match the desktop version once both were refreshed.

    ReplyDelete