Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mobile Capabilities

As a graphic designer, I have come to rely heavily on my mac based double monitor desktop system. My primary workspace is on the left monitor. My tools, palettes and dialog boxes are on the right monitor. Plenty of space and easy comfortable access to all of the things I need.

Spaciousness is the thing I most miss when I attempt designing on a mobile device.  For many years, I have wondered if mobile devices would ever become an space for creating and designing.
Just today I tried working in Google Slides as part of experimenting for what to include on the wiki page.  Despite it being tiny, I was impressed with the ability to create a simple presentation on the fly.
If you were at an airport or away from your desktop and needed to organize an idea, it could be a very helpful tool. I can also see it as a useful classroom tool. For instance, students could build a collaborative slideshow about a fieldtrip adding slides for things they learned and images to build the stories.

In the future I would like to see improvements and greater controls, editing, and creating images within such programs.  It could be that the things I need are a just few clicks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment