Monday, July 6, 2015

Podcast Process

I have to admit, I sort of dread doing podcasts. The funny thing is that once I get several audio tracks lined up, I suddenly switch over to enjoying it.   It is fantastic to see an idea grow and evolve into a finished audio piece.  I like to start with a very rough "sketch" recording to sort of ease into the tone of the piece.... after that everthing begins to take shape.  Not a quick process by any means.  I am happy with my content.  I do wish I had time to rerecord a few segments and work out some of the noise issues.   I had a flapping noise that I could not get rid of. If any one has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.  Here's my podcast link. I posted it on Google Drive. At the top you can click open with Music player for Google Drive.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vedEnAntF-em5pZzVTVXZoU0U/view?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. That was great content, Jodi! I liked that you did an interview. I can understand how frustrating the audio portion of a podcast is when just starting out. Did you use Audacity? I used the tutorials and help pages nonstop to try to get a better handle on all of the features. Supposedly there is one that can key in to certain sounds and erase them. I tried to erase my cat purring in a test podcast, but it didn't work. :) I bet that equipment is also key. I just have a cheap mic, but I wonder what it would be like to have professional equipment at your fingertips?!

    ReplyDelete