Saturday, July 4, 2015

App Design Complete

I started the App Design assignment knowing nothing about how to design an app or even how to think about designing an app. My app is called sifter and it is at its core a jazzed up time management app.  I found that once I began focusing on how I would personally like it to work, the task of designing became easier.  I feel confident I could dialog my app design with a developer in a way that makes sense. After submitting my first proposal, Dr. Ingram brought up an interesting feature that I had not thought about:

“One of my favorite ToDo list (features) “ages” the ToDo list. For example, if I submit a proposal to a conference and have it accepted, then obviously I will need to have things like Outline the presentation, Create the Powerpoint, or whatever on my ToDo list. The thing is that I might get accepted in June when the conference is in October. Clearly, it shouldn’t be a top priority in July but the closer the conference comes, the higher the priority should be, until the program (is) screaming at me two days before to finish preparing the presentation.”    –Dr. Albert Ingram

"Sifter development team" (me) liked this idea. So now a variety of notification options are available for any date(s) added to the sub-pages in sifter. Seamless communication will also be available through popular calendar programs such as google calendar and ios and android calendars, featuring notifiatication via email, voice mail, text message, calendar alert or sifter alert.

Now on to the podcast assignment.  Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment